Look for the following information about the musical:
1. Music composer’s name and nationality
2. Lyrics composer’s name and nationality.
3. Name two other important works by Andrew Lloyd Webber. One is related to the opera; the other is related to a pet animal.
4. In Jesus Christ Superstar, the main character is: Jesus / Judas
In the story, the conflict between Jesus and Judas is: religious / political / business
5. What year was the album Jesus Christ Superstar first launched?
6. On the original British album, who sang as Jesus? What famous group will he become the lead singer later?
7. What date and where was the first Broadway’s performance? Where was the theatre located? (Use the link in the text)
8. The controversy: How did some Christians and Jews consider the musical?
9. When was it performed in England?
10. In the 1997 revival, Steve Balsamo played the role of Jesus: How much ticket money was sold after his performance on TV?
11. When did the theatre play become a film?
12. What country was it filmed?
13. Who starred as Jesus and Judas in the 2000 film version?
14. How many awards did the play win in 1972? What award did it get the 2000 version?
15. When were the first and latest productions of the Spanish versions?
16. Do a comprehensible reading of the lyrics of the following songs:
Damned for All Time/Blood Money (Judas)
Gethsemane (I only want to Say) (Jesus)