You have enjoyed reading about San Francisco in the story Mystery in San Francisco, but how much do you really know about this fascinating city?
What interesting places would you like to visit? What areas, monuments or sights would you like to explore?
So how much do you really know about San Francisco?
1. Why is the city called San Francisco?
2. What happened in 1848?
3. Why will the year 1906 be always remembered?
4. Who said, ‘The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco?
5. What famous prison was closed in 1963?
6. When was the Golden Gate Bridge built?
7. Can you cycle over the Golden Gate Bridge?
8. What is San Francisco’s most typical means of transport?
9. Can you name three well-known neighbourhoods?
10. Which street is famous for its twists and turns?
Now imagine you are spending a few days in San Francisco. You have to plan a three-day visit to the city. What areas, monuments and museums will you visit? Where will you stay?