Picture taken from this site
Leonardo DiCaprio is undoubtedly one of the greatest actors of his generation. Millions of teenage girls swoon over him but, as we will see, he is much more than a handsome face. What do you know about him? Use the links to find the information you need to answer the questions below.
1. Which was DiCaprio's first “regular” gig?
2. In 1992, Leonardo costarred legendary actor Robert DeNiro in an adaptation from a best selling novel. Write the name of this novel.
3. For which film did DiCaprio earn an Academy Award Nomination for Best Supporting Actor in 1994?
4. In 1999, Leonardo filmed Danny Boyle's screen adaptation of the best selling novel The Beach by Alex Garland. Where was this film shot?
5. Aside from film acting, Leo's lifelong passion for environmental awareness began to play a big role in his life. He interviewed a famous ex-president in a special on the deterioration of the ozone layer. Who was this president?
6. DiCaprio’s environmental work continued with a spoken piece entitled Global Warming. According to this speech, what is the most threatening problem for humanity?
7. Write at least four effects of global warming.
8. What is DiCaprio’s motto in this spoken piece?
9. In 2005, DiCaprio created his second documentary entitled water planet. In this second spoken piece he points out the reasons that cause water shortages. Which are these reasons?
10. How many people in the world do not have access to safe drinking water?
THE BIG QUESTION:
DiCaprio encourages us to be environmentalists, in groups of three, prepare a spoken piece like DiCaprio’s where you explain some solutions to bring safe drinking water to the developing world. Give also your own solutions to prevent water shortages.
EVALUATION: You will be graded on the following:
Group work 25%